This idea is INTERNATIONAL – and has resulted in MANY MILLIONS of videos viewed.
> See details, and a video explains it – and examples of stories… … at hopestorychallenge.com
The reach on social media even just in NZ can be HUGE if 50 or more do this (and then 100, and then…)!
Continuing from 2021 – current. We will send a $10 KFC voucher (or equivalent) to the first person from each city or town to post a #hopestory. Send us the link!
WHAT DO TO:
Step 1. Shoot a 60 second video on your phone of your testimony / story of hope
- 1- My life before Jesus
- 2- How I Met Jesus
- 3-My Life with Jesus
- End with an invitation to follow Jesus.
- (1min is about 160 words – if written in full on paper first)
Step 2. Upload & share the video to your social media channels (Facebook, Instagram, Tiktok etc.)
- Send it to your friends.
- Remember to tag the story #HopeStory and #bestdayofmylife (PLUS a hash tag of what God saved you from eg. #suicide #addiction #insecurity)
Step 3. Tag & nominate 5 friends to do the same to help fuel a viral explosion of hope stories online!
NOTE TO YOUTH LEADERS:
- This could be the first outreaching experience for many youth
- Their example will inspire others
- Their non-Church friends will be encouraged when they see the video
- … and this WILL catalyse other things!
This is as simple as it gets – and creates a great opportunity!